Tuesday, April 19, 2011

It's been awhile

I have been clicking along on my new targeted therapy, BSI, which is a PARP inhibitor. I have going to Dana Farber twice weekly for my infusions in 21 day cycles. I have been able to apply for deviations from protocol, which has allowed us to travel to Switzerland in August for 10 days, (heaven on earth) and to St. John Island after Christmas (wonderful), and to ski over February break. It has been fun to finally feel like myself again and be able to fully-participate in activities with my family. However, last week, I was diagnosed with squamous cell (skin cancer) on my nose, which will be surgically removed on 4/26 (Bill's birthday). A CT scan also revealed a discrete 2 cm mass on my vaginal flap, which will hopefully be removed laparoscopically on 5/2. It may mean that my cancer is out of remission, or it may be an isolated incident. We don't know...To be continued...

No comments: